Precautions for installation of flame-retardant and fire-resistant cables
The characteristics of flame-retardant and fire-resistant cables: have the function of self-extinguishing, and can maintain the normal operation of the electrical circuit for a period of time under burning conditions. Therefore, the installation of flame-retardant and fire-resistant cables can effectively control major disasters caused by cable fire and prolonged combustion, thereby improving the fire protection level of electric lines. So, what matters should be paid attention to when installing flame-retardant and fire-resistant cables?
1. When laying cables in the same pipeline, it is not advisable to configure both flame-retardant and fire-resistant cables and ordinary non-fire-resistant cables.
2. When the number of cables to be installed is small, fire-resistant paint, tape, etc. can be added to the cables.
3. Places with high safety performance requirements, such as oil tank farms, important wooden structure public buildings, dense wire tunnels, hospitals, shopping malls, etc., need to be equipped with Class A flame-retardant and fire-resistant cables.
4. In industrial buildings, important circuits such as fire protection, alarm, emergency lighting, breaker operation DC power supply, and emergency shutdown power supply for generating sets and other important circuits need to be equipped with Class A flame-retardant and fire-resistant cables.
5. When too many cables are laid in the same pipeline, the cables need to be laid in the fire-resistant trough box.
6. In order to reduce the failure rate of wire connectors in fire accidents, the number of connectors should be reduced as much as possible during installation to ensure that the lines can work normally in a fire. If branch wiring is needed, fire-proof the joints should be done.